Saturday, January 13, 2007

Well my friends in Christ, I hope all is well in Wylie. I am on the internet checking the weather info for the DFW while I'm waiting in the concourse at Lexington Blue Grass Airport for my noon flight home. I was up at 3:30 a.m. to be driven to the airport to try to get on an earlier flight to DFW to beat the "forcasted" ice storm. When I arrived at the ticket counter I discovered the early flight was cancelled. The ticket agent wouldn't tell me why, but I imagine it was weather related and the same will happen with my flight at noon.

So the possibility of spending another night or two in Kentucky is very real. Oh well, Holiday Inn Express here I come. At least safety of flight, and landing, is paramount for me.

This is another good example of an unexpected event in life. Life is so filled with unexpected events, yet, our omniscient God sees our unexpected life, always. Our omniscient God is waiting to see how we react to the unexpected...as a mentor at school reminded me again this week, attitude is everything on my part. Even when the unexpected poses questions that may be unanswered God is still with us and watching our response.

Of course I am the first to say that I do not always practice this truth. However, when the unexpected comes, may I, and may we, be faithful to ask the questions, and know God is faithful to embrace us and celebrate with us when the answers to come. It boils down to our attitude in Him, that is, an attitude of gratitude is what God awaits from each of us.

Lord Jesus, thank you for being with me in the unexpected of life. May I see you and listen to you in the unexpected of the day and have an attitude of gratitude. May I also share this attitude with those around me, especially the frustrated and stressed. May my attitude of gratitude encourage the ticket agents who will be working with those passengers who are on the receiving end of the unexpected events of traveling today. Amen.

Make a great day and week in the Lord,

Pastor Jack

No comments: